WB: MLAs allowances up, sitting fees to ministers
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Friday
hiked the daily allowances of MLAs and introduced sitting fees
of ministers in the assembly.
Finance Minister Amit Mitra announced that the daily
allowances of MLAs would be raised from Rs 750 to Rs 1,000 and
ministers would also now get a sitting fee of Rs 1,000 daily.
The members would also get a raised allowance of Rs 1,000
which was Rs 750 earlier, for attending meetings of various
committees of the House.
Mitra said including salary of Rs 12,000, MLAs would now
get Rs 42,000 monthly, an increase of Rs 7,500.
Mitra was replying to the West Bengal Appropriation Bill,
2011 in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price