WB: MLAs allowances up, sitting fees to ministers
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Friday
hiked the daily allowances of MLAs and introduced sitting fees
of ministers in the assembly.
Finance Minister Amit Mitra announced that the daily
allowances of MLAs would be raised from Rs 750 to Rs 1,000 and
ministers would also now get a sitting fee of Rs 1,000 daily.
The members would also get a raised allowance of Rs 1,000
which was Rs 750 earlier, for attending meetings of various
committees of the House.
Mitra said including salary of Rs 12,000, MLAs would now
get Rs 42,000 monthly, an increase of Rs 7,500.
Mitra was replying to the West Bengal Appropriation Bill,
2011 in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Those with illegal money to be prosecuted: Jaitley on Panama Papers
- 10 killed in Bangladesh poll violence
- Watch: Now make a call just by squeezing your smartphone!
- Life beyond cricket: Humanist Rohit Sharma visits orphanage after IPL stint
- Delhi court reserves order on criminal complaint against Arvind Kejriwal