WB: More illegal arms recovered, seven CPI(M) activists held
Midnapore (WB): Police recovered a cache of
illegal arms and ammunition and arrested seven CPI(M)
activists in separate incidents in West Midnapore district on Saturday.
Four rifles, two pistols and 89 cartridges were recovered
from Balijuri village under Shalboni police station and local
CPI(M) leaders Shyamsunder Singh and Akhsya Singh were
arrested in this connection, police said.
In another incident, Danton Zonal Committee Secretary of
CPI(M) Abdul Rahim was arrested for carrying an illegal
revolver at Khandarui village.
Angry over the arrest, a group of CPI(M) cadres attacked
the police team and injured the Inspector-in-Charge of Danton
police station Manik Chakrabarty and a constable.
While the policemen were hospitalised, four CPI(M) cadres
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional