WB: More illegal arms recovered, seven CPI(M) activists held
Midnapore (WB): Police recovered a cache of
illegal arms and ammunition and arrested seven CPI(M)
activists in separate incidents in West Midnapore district on Saturday.
Four rifles, two pistols and 89 cartridges were recovered
from Balijuri village under Shalboni police station and local
CPI(M) leaders Shyamsunder Singh and Akhsya Singh were
arrested in this connection, police said.
In another incident, Danton Zonal Committee Secretary of
CPI(M) Abdul Rahim was arrested for carrying an illegal
revolver at Khandarui village.
Angry over the arrest, a group of CPI(M) cadres attacked
the police team and injured the Inspector-in-Charge of Danton
police station Manik Chakrabarty and a constable.
While the policemen were hospitalised, four CPI(M) cadres
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read