WB: More illegal arms recovered, seven CPI(M) activists held
Midnapore (WB): Police recovered a cache of
illegal arms and ammunition and arrested seven CPI(M)
activists in separate incidents in West Midnapore district on Saturday.
Four rifles, two pistols and 89 cartridges were recovered
from Balijuri village under Shalboni police station and local
CPI(M) leaders Shyamsunder Singh and Akhsya Singh were
arrested in this connection, police said.
In another incident, Danton Zonal Committee Secretary of
CPI(M) Abdul Rahim was arrested for carrying an illegal
revolver at Khandarui village.
Angry over the arrest, a group of CPI(M) cadres attacked
the police team and injured the Inspector-in-Charge of Danton
police station Manik Chakrabarty and a constable.
While the policemen were hospitalised, four CPI(M) cadres
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what