WB: More illegal arms recovered, seven CPI(M) activists held
Midnapore (WB): Police recovered a cache of
illegal arms and ammunition and arrested seven CPI(M)
activists in separate incidents in West Midnapore district on Saturday.
Four rifles, two pistols and 89 cartridges were recovered
from Balijuri village under Shalboni police station and local
CPI(M) leaders Shyamsunder Singh and Akhsya Singh were
arrested in this connection, police said.
In another incident, Danton Zonal Committee Secretary of
CPI(M) Abdul Rahim was arrested for carrying an illegal
revolver at Khandarui village.
Angry over the arrest, a group of CPI(M) cadres attacked
the police team and injured the Inspector-in-Charge of Danton
police station Manik Chakrabarty and a constable.
While the policemen were hospitalised, four CPI(M) cadres
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan