WB observes Netaji’s birthday as `Desh Prem Divas`
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Sunday observes birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose as ``Desh Prem Divas`` following a proposal by Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
All schools in the state have been asked to make suitable arrangements to commemorate the occasion.
The District Magistrates have also been asked to make arrangements on behalf of the respective administration to celebrate the day suitably.
A ceremonial marchpast will take place today as part of the ``Desh Prem Divas``, Finance Minister Asim Dasgupta said earlier this week after a meeting with state Agricultural Marketing Minister Mortaza Hossain.
Hossain said the state government would organise a discussion and seminar on Netaji at Sisir Mancha here on January 24 and 25, to be attended by Left Front chairman Biman Bose and other speakers.
The chief minister has appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to observe Netaji`s birthday as ``Desh Prem Divas`` across the country too, outside Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?