WB observes Netaji’s birthday as `Desh Prem Divas`
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Sunday observes birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose as ``Desh Prem Divas`` following a proposal by Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
All schools in the state have been asked to make suitable arrangements to commemorate the occasion.
The District Magistrates have also been asked to make arrangements on behalf of the respective administration to celebrate the day suitably.
A ceremonial marchpast will take place today as part of the ``Desh Prem Divas``, Finance Minister Asim Dasgupta said earlier this week after a meeting with state Agricultural Marketing Minister Mortaza Hossain.
Hossain said the state government would organise a discussion and seminar on Netaji at Sisir Mancha here on January 24 and 25, to be attended by Left Front chairman Biman Bose and other speakers.
The chief minister has appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to observe Netaji`s birthday as ``Desh Prem Divas`` across the country too, outside Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test