WB observes Netaji’s birthday as `Desh Prem Divas`
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Sunday observes birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose as ``Desh Prem Divas`` following a proposal by Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
All schools in the state have been asked to make suitable arrangements to commemorate the occasion.
The District Magistrates have also been asked to make arrangements on behalf of the respective administration to celebrate the day suitably.
A ceremonial marchpast will take place today as part of the ``Desh Prem Divas``, Finance Minister Asim Dasgupta said earlier this week after a meeting with state Agricultural Marketing Minister Mortaza Hossain.
Hossain said the state government would organise a discussion and seminar on Netaji at Sisir Mancha here on January 24 and 25, to be attended by Left Front chairman Biman Bose and other speakers.
The chief minister has appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to observe Netaji`s birthday as ``Desh Prem Divas`` across the country too, outside Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you