WB observes Netaji’s birthday as `Desh Prem Divas`
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Sunday observes birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose as ``Desh Prem Divas`` following a proposal by Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
All schools in the state have been asked to make suitable arrangements to commemorate the occasion.
The District Magistrates have also been asked to make arrangements on behalf of the respective administration to celebrate the day suitably.
A ceremonial marchpast will take place today as part of the ``Desh Prem Divas``, Finance Minister Asim Dasgupta said earlier this week after a meeting with state Agricultural Marketing Minister Mortaza Hossain.
Hossain said the state government would organise a discussion and seminar on Netaji at Sisir Mancha here on January 24 and 25, to be attended by Left Front chairman Biman Bose and other speakers.
The chief minister has appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to observe Netaji`s birthday as ``Desh Prem Divas`` across the country too, outside Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside