WB: ‘Oppn walk-out exposed their double standards’
Kolkata: A senior West Bengal minister on Tuesday
said the walk-out staged in the Assembly by the Left Front
before passing of the Singur Rehabilitation and Development
Bill 2011 exposed the "double standards" of the Opposition.
"CPI(M) has used brute police force to forcibly acquire
land from the farmers. Today`s walk-out showed that they are
still anti-peasant," Commerce and Industries Minister Partha
Chatterjee told reporters here.
He said the Left Front had made a "drama" by saying
that they were supporting the Bill which sought to return the
land in Singur to unwilling farmers.
"We thought that after the ignominious defeat in the
polls, CPI(M) will do some soul searching. But today`s
incident showed that they have not changed themselves. What
they preach, they do not act," he said.
The Opposition, led by senior CPI-M leader Surya Kant
Mishra today walked out of the House, saying that the Bill was
"fraught with technical shortcomings" and was sure to face
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Has Fawad Khan been roped in for Salman Khan's next?
- Copa America 2016: Chile ease past Colombia amidst climatic chaos, set-up final clash with Argentina
- Diljit Dosanjh to star in Karan Johar's next?
- Brexit: Britain's revival or EU's fall?
- Blast kills 7 Taliban militants including group commnader Abdul Rauf in Afghanistan's Logar