WB panchayat polls: Repolling ordered in 21 booths
Burdwan: State Election Commission ordered re-poll in 21 booths of Burdwan district on 18 July on the basis of the reports of presiding officers of the panchayat polls.
Three people were killed in poll-related violence and several others were injured during panchayat polls in Burdwan district of West Bengal.
The booths fall in the blocks of Barabani, Jamuria, Manteswar, Raina-I, Galsi-I, Katwa-I, Burdwan-I, Ketugram and Mangolkote in Burdwan district.
There were allegations of ballot snatching and forcibly stopping of the voting process in the booths of these areas.
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh
- BJP complains to EC of violence after 5th phase polls