WB panchayat polls: Repolling ordered in 21 booths
Burdwan: State Election Commission ordered re-poll in 21 booths of Burdwan district on 18 July on the basis of the reports of presiding officers of the panchayat polls.
Three people were killed in poll-related violence and several others were injured during panchayat polls in Burdwan district of West Bengal.
The booths fall in the blocks of Barabani, Jamuria, Manteswar, Raina-I, Galsi-I, Katwa-I, Burdwan-I, Ketugram and Mangolkote in Burdwan district.
There were allegations of ballot snatching and forcibly stopping of the voting process in the booths of these areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city