WB panchayat polls: TMC will go it alone, says Mamata
Minakha: Trinamool Congress would like to chart it own course and not have any alliance with Congress or NDA, TMC supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Sunday.
"We are not in alliance with either NDA or Congress. Our alliance is with the people. Trinamool Congress is going it alone and will do so in future also," Banerjee asserted at a rally here in North 24-Parganas district for the panchayat election.
Banerjee alleged that a dangerous alliance had been forged in the state among CPI(M), Congress, BJP and the Maoists.
Claiming that Opposition parties were trying to scuttle development work in different parts of the state, she referred a number of projects undertaken by the government.
Banerjee said, a 750-bed hospital would be set up here and 55 fair price diagnostic centres would be opened in the district.
While alleging that a section of media was trying to malign her and the Trinamool Congress by resorting to false propaganda, the Chief Minister said, "No one involved in gang-rape and murder of the college girl at Kamduni in Barasat will be spared."
She said the government was determined to take stringent action against anyone involved in crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31