WB panchayat polls: TMC will go it alone, says Mamata
Minakha: Trinamool Congress would like to chart it own course and not have any alliance with Congress or NDA, TMC supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Sunday.
"We are not in alliance with either NDA or Congress. Our alliance is with the people. Trinamool Congress is going it alone and will do so in future also," Banerjee asserted at a rally here in North 24-Parganas district for the panchayat election.
Banerjee alleged that a dangerous alliance had been forged in the state among CPI(M), Congress, BJP and the Maoists.
Claiming that Opposition parties were trying to scuttle development work in different parts of the state, she referred a number of projects undertaken by the government.
Banerjee said, a 750-bed hospital would be set up here and 55 fair price diagnostic centres would be opened in the district.
While alleging that a section of media was trying to malign her and the Trinamool Congress by resorting to false propaganda, the Chief Minister said, "No one involved in gang-rape and murder of the college girl at Kamduni in Barasat will be spared."
She said the government was determined to take stringent action against anyone involved in crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- GST deadlock: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers today
- Olympic Village repairs could take all week: Brazil
- Wayne Rooney still key to England plans, says Sam Allardyce
- Maharashtra ATS identifies 270 URLs showing IS activities, asks Centre to block them
- Dimple Kapadia’s reaction to Naseeruddin Shah’s remarks about Rajesh Khanna is simple yet strong