WB panchayat polls: TMC will go it alone, says Mamata
Minakha: Trinamool Congress would like to chart it own course and not have any alliance with Congress or NDA, TMC supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Sunday.
"We are not in alliance with either NDA or Congress. Our alliance is with the people. Trinamool Congress is going it alone and will do so in future also," Banerjee asserted at a rally here in North 24-Parganas district for the panchayat election.
Banerjee alleged that a dangerous alliance had been forged in the state among CPI(M), Congress, BJP and the Maoists.
Claiming that Opposition parties were trying to scuttle development work in different parts of the state, she referred a number of projects undertaken by the government.
Banerjee said, a 750-bed hospital would be set up here and 55 fair price diagnostic centres would be opened in the district.
While alleging that a section of media was trying to malign her and the Trinamool Congress by resorting to false propaganda, the Chief Minister said, "No one involved in gang-rape and murder of the college girl at Kamduni in Barasat will be spared."
She said the government was determined to take stringent action against anyone involved in crime against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- French PM `relieved` Austrian ecologist beat far-right presidential rival
- We will see how Trinamool MPs return from Delhi: Bengal BJP chief
- Take inspiration from Shilpa Shetty if you wish to lose that post-pregnancy weight!
- Benjam Netanyahu rejects French peace initiative, offers to meet Mahmoud Abbas
- Watch: This self-healing insulator can fix the cracks in all your e-wearables!