WB: Patient dies; angry relatives allege negligence
Burdwan (WB): Incensed over the death of a patient, a mob beat up a rural hospital superintendent, manhandled two nurses and ransacked furnitures at Kalna in Burdwan district late tonight.
Mansur Gain (41) of Kalinagar locality died of hepatitis at the Kalna Hospital. His relatives alleged his death was a result of negligence on the part of the hospital staff and they along with some locals roughed up the staff.
The crowd beat up Super Abhirup Mondal severely and he had a bleeding nose, police said.
Two nurses were manhandled by the mob which dispersed only after a big police contingent arrived from Kalna police station.
Two persons have been detained in connection with the incident, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!