WB: Patient dies; angry relatives allege negligence
Burdwan (WB): Incensed over the death of a patient, a mob beat up a rural hospital superintendent, manhandled two nurses and ransacked furnitures at Kalna in Burdwan district late tonight.
Mansur Gain (41) of Kalinagar locality died of hepatitis at the Kalna Hospital. His relatives alleged his death was a result of negligence on the part of the hospital staff and they along with some locals roughed up the staff.
The crowd beat up Super Abhirup Mondal severely and he had a bleeding nose, police said.
Two nurses were manhandled by the mob which dispersed only after a big police contingent arrived from Kalna police station.
Two persons have been detained in connection with the incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what