WB: Patient with oxygen mask found dead on footpath
Kolkata: A patient of the state-run RG Kar Medical College Hospital here was on Sunday found dead with an oxygen mask attached to his nose on a footpath in front of the facility, police said.
Khokan Pal, a resident of Jagaddal in the North 24 Parganas district, was admitted to the hospital on August 24, they said.
He was on oxygen when his brother came to meet him during visiting hours today. Some time after his brother left, Pal was found missing from his bed, they said.
Hospital sources said the patient might have followed his brother outside the facility with the oxygen mask still on without being noticed by the hospital staff.
The patient collapsed on the sidewalk and died. Deputy Superintendent of the Hospital Siddhartha Neogy immediately ordered an inquiry to ascertain how the incident took place.
"An inquiry has been ordered. The body will be sent for postmortem tomorrow," Neogy said, declining to answer queries on whether there was any lapse on the part of the hospital authority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'