WB: Police custody for driver in passenger rape case
Kolkata: The driver who allegedly raped a woman passenger on the night of June 7 was produced before a city court on Saturday and remanded to police custody till June 21.
The driver was arrested yesterday after the woman, who had hired the car to return home after visiting her hospitalised husband, lodged a complaint with the police.
The driver instead of taking her home to Entally drove to Rajarhat and allegedly raped her in the car. She dropped her at Entally in the morning and sped off.
In February, an Anglo-Indian woman was allegedly raped in a car while returning home from a night club in posh Park street area, which led to tremendous public outcry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years