WB: Police custody for driver in passenger rape case
Kolkata: The driver who allegedly raped a woman passenger on the night of June 7 was produced before a city court on Saturday and remanded to police custody till June 21.
The driver was arrested yesterday after the woman, who had hired the car to return home after visiting her hospitalised husband, lodged a complaint with the police.
The driver instead of taking her home to Entally drove to Rajarhat and allegedly raped her in the car. She dropped her at Entally in the morning and sped off.
In February, an Anglo-Indian woman was allegedly raped in a car while returning home from a night club in posh Park street area, which led to tremendous public outcry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read