WB: Police custody for driver in passenger rape case
Kolkata: The driver who allegedly raped a woman passenger on the night of June 7 was produced before a city court on Saturday and remanded to police custody till June 21.
The driver was arrested yesterday after the woman, who had hired the car to return home after visiting her hospitalised husband, lodged a complaint with the police.
The driver instead of taking her home to Entally drove to Rajarhat and allegedly raped her in the car. She dropped her at Entally in the morning and sped off.
In February, an Anglo-Indian woman was allegedly raped in a car while returning home from a night club in posh Park street area, which led to tremendous public outcry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam