WB poll panel calls all-party meet on Tuesday
Kolkata: After the Supreme Court order rescheduled dates of the panchayat elections in West Bengal and directed that it be held in five phases, the State Election on Saturday called an all-party meeting on July 4.
"We have called an all-party meeting on Tuesday to discuss election matters and campaign schedules, among other issues," SEC Secretary Tapas Roy told.
Roy said that formal communication with the state government on holding the elections and preparations would be held shortly.
"We will have to keep in direct touch with the state government for holding the elections," he said.
To a question, he said that the SEC would hold a separate meeting with district magistrates and superintendents of police at a later stage to discuss the security aspect and force deployment for the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!