WB polls: 12 police personnel suspended for indiscipline
Kolkata: Twelve police personnel of the Kolkata police have been suspended for indiscipline, as they had denied conducting their election duty during the panchayat polls, a senior police official said.
"We have suspended 12 Kolkata police personnel, all of them constables, for gross indiscipline. They had denied to perform their election duty during the panchayat polls, citing many problems. So they were called back to Kolkata and were suspended yesterday night," Joint CP (headquaters) Jawed Shamim told a news agency.
A huge police contingent from various sections of the Kolkata police has been sent to five-phase panchayat poll duty in various districts across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II