WB polls: 12 police personnel suspended for indiscipline
Kolkata: Twelve police personnel of the Kolkata police have been suspended for indiscipline, as they had denied conducting their election duty during the panchayat polls, a senior police official said.
"We have suspended 12 Kolkata police personnel, all of them constables, for gross indiscipline. They had denied to perform their election duty during the panchayat polls, citing many problems. So they were called back to Kolkata and were suspended yesterday night," Joint CP (headquaters) Jawed Shamim told a news agency.
A huge police contingent from various sections of the Kolkata police has been sent to five-phase panchayat poll duty in various districts across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre