WB polls: 12 police personnel suspended for indiscipline
Kolkata: Twelve police personnel of the Kolkata police have been suspended for indiscipline, as they had denied conducting their election duty during the panchayat polls, a senior police official said.
"We have suspended 12 Kolkata police personnel, all of them constables, for gross indiscipline. They had denied to perform their election duty during the panchayat polls, citing many problems. So they were called back to Kolkata and were suspended yesterday night," Joint CP (headquaters) Jawed Shamim told a news agency.
A huge police contingent from various sections of the Kolkata police has been sent to five-phase panchayat poll duty in various districts across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi