WB polls: 12 police personnel suspended for indiscipline
Kolkata: Twelve police personnel of the Kolkata police have been suspended for indiscipline, as they had denied conducting their election duty during the panchayat polls, a senior police official said.
"We have suspended 12 Kolkata police personnel, all of them constables, for gross indiscipline. They had denied to perform their election duty during the panchayat polls, citing many problems. So they were called back to Kolkata and were suspended yesterday night," Joint CP (headquaters) Jawed Shamim told a news agency.
A huge police contingent from various sections of the Kolkata police has been sent to five-phase panchayat poll duty in various districts across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town