WB polls: Border with Bangladesh to be sealed in Malda
Malda (WB): The 173-km long international
border with Bangladesh will be sealed as Malda will go to
polls along with the rest of north Bengal during the first
phase of assembly elections in West Bengal on April 18.
Official sources said today the stretch will be sealed
from April 16, two days prior to the polls to prevent
miscreants from causing trouble.
A total of 112 companies of central paramilitary
forces would fan across the district to man 260 booths, 150 of
which has been marked as `sensitive`, the sources said.
District Magistrate Rajesh Kumar Sinha said 50 booths
would be put under webcasting - i.e. round-the-clock online
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed