WB polls: Border with Bangladesh to be sealed in Malda
Malda (WB): The 173-km long international
border with Bangladesh will be sealed as Malda will go to
polls along with the rest of north Bengal during the first
phase of assembly elections in West Bengal on April 18.
Official sources said today the stretch will be sealed
from April 16, two days prior to the polls to prevent
miscreants from causing trouble.
A total of 112 companies of central paramilitary
forces would fan across the district to man 260 booths, 150 of
which has been marked as `sensitive`, the sources said.
District Magistrate Rajesh Kumar Sinha said 50 booths
would be put under webcasting - i.e. round-the-clock online
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her