WB polls: Border with Bangladesh to be sealed in Malda
Malda (WB): The 173-km long international
border with Bangladesh will be sealed as Malda will go to
polls along with the rest of north Bengal during the first
phase of assembly elections in West Bengal on April 18.
Official sources said today the stretch will be sealed
from April 16, two days prior to the polls to prevent
miscreants from causing trouble.
A total of 112 companies of central paramilitary
forces would fan across the district to man 260 booths, 150 of
which has been marked as `sensitive`, the sources said.
District Magistrate Rajesh Kumar Sinha said 50 booths
would be put under webcasting - i.e. round-the-clock online
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport