WB polls: Critical booths to be monitored by EC through webcast
Kolkata: The Election Commission will directly
monitor critical polling booths in the coming assembly
election through webcast, Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta
said on Wednesday.
"The Commission had introduced the latest monitoring
system during the Bihar election where it scored a success,"
Gupta told a meet-the-press programme here.
The proceedings could be monitored directly from the sector
office, CEO office and the Election Commission, he said.
The EC has also decided to use digital and still cameras
and live video cast to get a detailed picture of the polling
all over the state.
Besides, presiding officers at poll booths can inform the
EC about polling by sending messages, Gupta said adding a
micro observer will be deputed in the critical booths to
assist the observer.
An SMS service has also been introduced whereby a voter can
know details by sending an SMS to 93363333 or by dialling toll
free number 1965, Gupta said.
So far as deployment of forces is concerned, Gupta said,
"The entire force deployment pattern has been changed and we
have done vulnerability mapping and sensitivity analysis. The
forces would be deployed according to the vulnerability of a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees not to get arrears this financial year?
- Reasons why parents must educate their child about sex
- Sensex adds to gains, up 149 points on positive global leads
- SC refers LGBT celebs' plea challenging Section 377 to CJI
- Why do we shout in anger? Watch video to know the real reason