WB polls: Critical booths to be monitored by EC through webcast
Kolkata: The Election Commission will directly
monitor critical polling booths in the coming assembly
election through webcast, Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta
said on Wednesday.
"The Commission had introduced the latest monitoring
system during the Bihar election where it scored a success,"
Gupta told a meet-the-press programme here.
The proceedings could be monitored directly from the sector
office, CEO office and the Election Commission, he said.
The EC has also decided to use digital and still cameras
and live video cast to get a detailed picture of the polling
all over the state.
Besides, presiding officers at poll booths can inform the
EC about polling by sending messages, Gupta said adding a
micro observer will be deputed in the critical booths to
assist the observer.
An SMS service has also been introduced whereby a voter can
know details by sending an SMS to 93363333 or by dialling toll
free number 1965, Gupta said.
So far as deployment of forces is concerned, Gupta said,
"The entire force deployment pattern has been changed and we
have done vulnerability mapping and sensitivity analysis. The
forces would be deployed according to the vulnerability of a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened