WB polls: Journalists beaten up by CPI(M) cadres
Burdwan (WB): Three journalists were on Saturday
beaten up allegedly by CPI(M) supporters after blocking their
car at Dayalpur under Galsi assembly constituency in Burdwan
According to the FIR lodged by the three scribes with
the Galsi police station, they were beaten up by CPI(M) cadres
after their car was blocked by two bullock carts.
The cadres were annoyed as the journalists had gone to
a polling booth to talk to the presiding officer Sourav
Banerjee, the FIR said.
Prior to that a local CPI(M) leader, Sk Zulfikar
abused the journalists in front of the presiding officer.
The journalists belonged to PTI, two Bengali dailies
`News Bangla` and `Bartaman`.
All three were treated by Pursa primary health centre.
District Magistrate-cum-Returning Officer, Omkar Singh
Meena said he had asked the Superintendent of Police to arrest
Polling was conducted for 12 seats of Burdwan district
today as that for 13 other seats was completed on May three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah