WB polls: Journalists beaten up by CPI(M) cadres
Burdwan (WB): Three journalists were on Saturday
beaten up allegedly by CPI(M) supporters after blocking their
car at Dayalpur under Galsi assembly constituency in Burdwan
According to the FIR lodged by the three scribes with
the Galsi police station, they were beaten up by CPI(M) cadres
after their car was blocked by two bullock carts.
The cadres were annoyed as the journalists had gone to
a polling booth to talk to the presiding officer Sourav
Banerjee, the FIR said.
Prior to that a local CPI(M) leader, Sk Zulfikar
abused the journalists in front of the presiding officer.
The journalists belonged to PTI, two Bengali dailies
`News Bangla` and `Bartaman`.
All three were treated by Pursa primary health centre.
District Magistrate-cum-Returning Officer, Omkar Singh
Meena said he had asked the Superintendent of Police to arrest
Polling was conducted for 12 seats of Burdwan district
today as that for 13 other seats was completed on May three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!