WB polls: Model code violation complaint against Pranab
Kolkata: The poll panel received an
official complaint of violation of Model Code of Conduct
against Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee for using
a district circuit house for political purpose, Chief
Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta said on Wednesday.
"We have received an official complaint by a political
party against Mukherjee about using the government circuit
house at Birbhum for political campaign," Gupta told the
meet-the-press program here.
"He conducted some meetings yesterday in the circuit
house which was political, according to the complaint," Gupta
"According to the model code of conduct nobody can use
the government circuit house for any political purpose," Gupta
When asked whether action will be taken against
Mukherjee, Gupta said "the allegation has not been proved yet.
We are looking into it to see whether the meeting was
political or not."
"However, if the meeting is apolitical then there is
no problem," Gupta added.
Mukherjee was in Birbhum to campaign for his son
Abhijit, contesting from Nalhati assembly constituency in the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed