WB polls: Officer held for giving voter slip bulk to panchayat member
Malda (WB): Six days before the first
phase assembly polls in Malda district a poll official was
arrested from Kaliachak in Malda district on Tuesday following
complaints that he deposited a huge number of voter slips,
meant for distribution, to a panchayat member.
Official sources said Ohadul Rehman, a booth level
officer under Sujapur assembly constituency, was arrested last
night after the returning officer filed complaint that he
withheld 1200 voter slips from distribution and instead handed
over the same to local panchcyat member Enamul Haque.
The voter slips were recovered but Haque could not be
Malda will go to polls on April 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'