WB polls: Pranab blames LF govt for rise of Maoists in Bengal
Malda (WB): Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee on Wednesday said the wrong policy and non-functional
police of the Left Front Government in West Bengal were
responsible for the rise of Maoists in the state.
"Left Front Government should be blamed for the rise of
Maoists in West Bengal. Their wrong policy and non-functional
police have allowed the Maoists to enter the state and
strengthen their base in Junglemahal," the senior Congress
leader told an election rally at Harishchandrapur.
"It is a shame that policemen in the state flee from
police stations when Maoists attack them. Nowhere in the
country such a thing happens. The state government has
weakened the morale of the police force which had once the
pride of the nation," Mukherjee said.
Things had come to such a pass that for every law and
order problem, the state government seeks the help of central
forces, be it in Darjeeling or elsewhere, he said.
Referring to former Chief Minister Siddhartha Shankar
Ray, Mukherjee said he contained naxal violence through the
state police and did not ask for any central force. Ray had a
political will to combat the naxalites.
"The Left Front government has failed on all fronts
including education, health and economy during its
34-year-long rule. Bengal has lost its glory under the Marxist
regime. They have no moral right to seek vote for another
term," he said.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Interlinking rivers only solution to drought: Government
- VVIP chopper scam: Govt to seek CBI report, blacklist AgustaWestland; Sonia Gandhi rejects allegations against her
- Pakistani fanatics heckle, show shoe to Kabir Khan at Karachi airport - Watch
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS