WB polls: Pranab campaigns for son Abhijit
Nalhati: Union minister Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday held roadshows in Nalhati constituency where his son
Abhijit is the Congress candidate for the upcoming West Bengal
Seated in an open jeep with his son and daughter-in-
law Chitralekha, the Union finance minister started his
roadshow from Mahabir Tala to Nalateswari Mandir.
People in large numbers lined on the road to cheer the
father-son duo. The procession went to Kurungram, a nearby
village, and stayed there for sometime.
Neither Pranab nor his son gave any speech except for
the senior Congress leader thanking the crowd for accompanying
"I may not be able to come here before the election
because of my preoccupation, and therefore I extend my Durga
puja greetings to you in advance," Pranab said before
departing for neighbouring Murshidabad district where he is
scheduled to address an election meeting later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'