WB: Principal forced girl students to drink alcohol
Malda: The police were inquiring into a complaint by girl students of a residential school at Kaliachak in Malda district that the principal allegedly behaved indecently with them and gave them liquor to drink.
Three students of the English medium Nazipur SS Point Residential School yesterday lodged a complaint with the Kaliachak police station against the principal, Najib Ali, police sources said today.
The complaint was lodged after one of the girls told her family that the principal allegedly behaved indecently, used invectives, entered their mosquito curtains at night and gave them alcohol to drink, the sources said.
Social Welfare Minister Sabitri Mitra has asked the Malda district magistrate and the superintendent of police to inquire into the complaints.
Mitra said that such behaviour as reported could not be tolerated irrespective of party affiliation.
No arrest was reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what