WB: Principal forced girl students to drink alcohol
Malda: The police were inquiring into a complaint by girl students of a residential school at Kaliachak in Malda district that the principal allegedly behaved indecently with them and gave them liquor to drink.
Three students of the English medium Nazipur SS Point Residential School yesterday lodged a complaint with the Kaliachak police station against the principal, Najib Ali, police sources said today.
The complaint was lodged after one of the girls told her family that the principal allegedly behaved indecently, used invectives, entered their mosquito curtains at night and gave them alcohol to drink, the sources said.
Social Welfare Minister Sabitri Mitra has asked the Malda district magistrate and the superintendent of police to inquire into the complaints.
Mitra said that such behaviour as reported could not be tolerated irrespective of party affiliation.
No arrest was reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?