WB: Principal forced girl students to drink alcohol
Malda: The police were inquiring into a complaint by girl students of a residential school at Kaliachak in Malda district that the principal allegedly behaved indecently with them and gave them liquor to drink.
Three students of the English medium Nazipur SS Point Residential School yesterday lodged a complaint with the Kaliachak police station against the principal, Najib Ali, police sources said today.
The complaint was lodged after one of the girls told her family that the principal allegedly behaved indecently, used invectives, entered their mosquito curtains at night and gave them alcohol to drink, the sources said.
Social Welfare Minister Sabitri Mitra has asked the Malda district magistrate and the superintendent of police to inquire into the complaints.
Mitra said that such behaviour as reported could not be tolerated irrespective of party affiliation.
No arrest was reported.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader