WB: Principal forced girl students to drink alcohol
Malda: The police were inquiring into a complaint by girl students of a residential school at Kaliachak in Malda district that the principal allegedly behaved indecently with them and gave them liquor to drink.
Three students of the English medium Nazipur SS Point Residential School yesterday lodged a complaint with the Kaliachak police station against the principal, Najib Ali, police sources said today.
The complaint was lodged after one of the girls told her family that the principal allegedly behaved indecently, used invectives, entered their mosquito curtains at night and gave them alcohol to drink, the sources said.
Social Welfare Minister Sabitri Mitra has asked the Malda district magistrate and the superintendent of police to inquire into the complaints.
Mitra said that such behaviour as reported could not be tolerated irrespective of party affiliation.
No arrest was reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB