WB: Series of rail projects launched by Mukul Roy
New Delhi: West Bengal was the focus of Mukul Roy as Railway Minister as a series of projects were launched in the state during his brief period of six months as the incharge of the ministry.
Beginning with the flagging off a local train by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in the presence of Roy on April 2 at Berhampore, several functions had been held in the state for rail projects, according to Railway Ministry data.
Foundation laying ceremonies were held at Salt Lake on April 19 for computerised passenger reservation system at Kachuadham and Bidhannagar besides commissioning of the Barasat-Sondalia double line.
On April 29, two foundation laying ceremonies were held road overbridge and foot overbridge at Nalhati.
However, one function was held at outside the state on May 6. Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda laid the foundation stone for a new broad gauge line at Godda and road overbridges at Madhupur in the presence of the then Railway Minister.
On May 28, the big ticket project at Dankuni for diesel and electric loco component factory was inaugurated by Mamata. The TMC chief inaugurated Geetanjali Museum, a rail project, at Bolpur on July 27.
Four inaugural ceremonies were lined up for her on July 28 at Barddhaman. She inaugurated Bardhaman-Balogna broad gauge section and introduced local train services between the section besides flagging off Asansol-Chennai weekly express by remote.
Mamata also launched a road overbridge project at Bardhaman on July 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets