WB: Seven killed, 70 injured as bus overturns
Burdwan: Seven persons were killed and 70 others were injured when a bus overturned near Ausgram in Burdwan district in the early hours on Saturday.
The bus carrying members of a marriage party from Kolkol village in Burdwan district to Birpara in neighbouring Birbhum district overturned when the driver lost control over the
speeding vehicle at around 3.30 AM, police said.
Among the dead were two children, they said. Most of the injured have been admitted to Burdwan Medical College Hospital while some have been admitted to
Ausgram hospital, they said, adding the condition of six of
the injured was serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress