WB: Seven killed, 70 injured as bus overturns
Burdwan: Seven persons were killed and 70 others were injured when a bus overturned near Ausgram in Burdwan district in the early hours on Saturday.
The bus carrying members of a marriage party from Kolkol village in Burdwan district to Birpara in neighbouring Birbhum district overturned when the driver lost control over the
speeding vehicle at around 3.30 AM, police said.
Among the dead were two children, they said. Most of the injured have been admitted to Burdwan Medical College Hospital while some have been admitted to
Ausgram hospital, they said, adding the condition of six of
the injured was serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city