WB shocker: Acid used for delivery, new born dies
Murshidabad, West Bengal: In a shocking incident, a new born baby died during delivery when the hospital staff used Carbolic Acid was used in place of antiseptic as disinfectant.
The serious case of medical negligence occurred at the Lalbag Mahakuma Hospital on Wednesday. As per reports, Carbolic Acid was kept in the tray usually meant for antiseptic solutions like Dettol.
Displaying utter disregard to the norms of the profession, the staff, without checking the bottle, dabbed the acid on the child, leading to its death.
Although none of the hospital authorities are saying anything in record, reports said that a three-member committee has been set up to look into the incident.
The incident in Murshidabad comes amid concerns about the condition of the healthcare facilities in the state after over 35 infant deaths were reported at the BC Roy Children`s Hospital in Kolkata and the Burdwan Medical College in the past few days.
Meanwhile, reacting to the recent spate of infants` death in the state Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today blamed the previous CPM government, saying it did not work but only indulged in politics.
No nurse, no doctors, no facilities were given by the Left government, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price