WB shocker: Acid used for delivery, new born dies
Murshidabad, West Bengal: In a shocking incident, a new born baby died during delivery when the hospital staff used Carbolic Acid was used in place of antiseptic as disinfectant.
The serious case of medical negligence occurred at the Lalbag Mahakuma Hospital on Wednesday. As per reports, Carbolic Acid was kept in the tray usually meant for antiseptic solutions like Dettol.
Displaying utter disregard to the norms of the profession, the staff, without checking the bottle, dabbed the acid on the child, leading to its death.
Although none of the hospital authorities are saying anything in record, reports said that a three-member committee has been set up to look into the incident.
The incident in Murshidabad comes amid concerns about the condition of the healthcare facilities in the state after over 35 infant deaths were reported at the BC Roy Children`s Hospital in Kolkata and the Burdwan Medical College in the past few days.
Meanwhile, reacting to the recent spate of infants` death in the state Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today blamed the previous CPM government, saying it did not work but only indulged in politics.
No nurse, no doctors, no facilities were given by the Left government, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Eight injured in bus blast in Haryana, government forms SIT
- CBSE Class 10th Results 2016: (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th result 2016, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016, CBSE Board 10th Class results to be declared today
- Watch video: Zeus the husky throws the most priceless tantrum; refuses get off the couch!
- Five killed as boiler bursts in private chemical company in Dombivli township
- HRD Ministry directs UGC to amend regulations regarding workload of teachers