WB: Skeletons found near former minister`s house
Kolkata: The skeletons dug up near former
CPI(M) minister Sushanta Ghosh`s house in West Midnapore
district have been sent for post mortem on Sunday before they are
brought to the city for forensic tests.
The skeletons, recovered yesterday, have been sent to the
Midnapore Medical College and Hospital for the post mortem,
West Midnapore`s Superintendent of Police Praveen Tripathi
Asked if the skeletons would be sent for a DNA test,
Tripathi said, "That will be decided only after the forensic
test. If required, it will definitely be sent for a DNA
Residents of Benachapra village suspecting that bodies
were buried near Ghosh`s house in West Midnapore district dug
up a pit and found seven skeletons and a huge quantity of
human bone fragments yesterday.
Two skeletons were also dug up from Bhanderbelia village
in the Jhargram area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India