WB Speaker cautions CPI(M) member
Kolkata: West Bengal Assembly Speaker Biman Banerjee on Wednesday cautioned CPI(M) MLA from Pandabeswar Gouranga Chatterjee to restrain his behaviour in the House.
After questions related to the Labour department were over, the Speaker asked Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim to start replying to questions related to his department.
The CPI(M) members were on their feet and started shouting that the Speaker did not allow them to ask supplementary questions related to the Labour department and had abruptly asked the urban development minister to start replying.
The Speaker pleaded that he did not see any raised hands and therefore asked Hakim to reply.
Chatterjee rushed to the treasury benches in a combative mood which drew the ire of the Speaker who asked him to restrain his behaviour.
The Speaker later told reporters that Chatterjee had personally apologised to him for his behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America