WB Speaker cautions CPI(M) member
Kolkata: West Bengal Assembly Speaker Biman Banerjee on Wednesday cautioned CPI(M) MLA from Pandabeswar Gouranga Chatterjee to restrain his behaviour in the House.
After questions related to the Labour department were over, the Speaker asked Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim to start replying to questions related to his department.
The CPI(M) members were on their feet and started shouting that the Speaker did not allow them to ask supplementary questions related to the Labour department and had abruptly asked the urban development minister to start replying.
The Speaker pleaded that he did not see any raised hands and therefore asked Hakim to reply.
Chatterjee rushed to the treasury benches in a combative mood which drew the ire of the Speaker who asked him to restrain his behaviour.
The Speaker later told reporters that Chatterjee had personally apologised to him for his behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users