WB Speaker cautions CPI(M) member
Kolkata: West Bengal Assembly Speaker Biman Banerjee on Wednesday cautioned CPI(M) MLA from Pandabeswar Gouranga Chatterjee to restrain his behaviour in the House.
After questions related to the Labour department were over, the Speaker asked Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim to start replying to questions related to his department.
The CPI(M) members were on their feet and started shouting that the Speaker did not allow them to ask supplementary questions related to the Labour department and had abruptly asked the urban development minister to start replying.
The Speaker pleaded that he did not see any raised hands and therefore asked Hakim to reply.
Chatterjee rushed to the treasury benches in a combative mood which drew the ire of the Speaker who asked him to restrain his behaviour.
The Speaker later told reporters that Chatterjee had personally apologised to him for his behaviour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- AAP has become shelter of comedians not having ideology, says BJP
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'