WB student arrested for circulating obscene MMS
Siliguri: A student of the Siliguri Polytechnic Institute has been arrested after he allegedly circulated an obscene MMS of a girl student, who later
committed suicide, police said on Sunday.
Anindya Garai, a second-year student of the institute, had fled to Madhya Pradesh after he had allegedly uploaded the MMS on YouTube, a video sharing website.
Garai was nabbed from the Burdwan railway station in West Bengal yesterday when he came to receive money from his father, Darjeeling Superintendent of Police DP Singh told a news agency.
"We had information that Anindya was hiding somewhere in Madhya Pradesh and was on his way to West Bengal by train to meet his father as he was running short of money," he said.
A Siliguri police team shadowed Anindya`s father, a resident of Bankura district, who went to the station where he withdrew money from an ATM and arrested Anindya when he joined him, he said.
Two video dealers, Ayan Sarkar and Tapas Singha were also arrested yesterday from the outskirts of Siliguri for circulating the video, he said.
The girl, a first-year student of the same institute and a resident of Pradhan Nagar here, had hanged herself on Wednesday, a month after the police failed to act on an FIR filed by her alleging that she was being blackmailed by
Anindya with the video.
She had alleged that she had been taken by Aninya to where he stayed and given a drug laced drink and then filmed in an obscene manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what