WB: Sushanta Ghosh`s judicial remand extended
Midnapore: A local court on Tuesday extended
by a week the judicial custody of CPI(M) MLA and former
minister Sushanta Ghosh in connection with the skeleton
Ghosh was produced before the Chief Judicial Magistrate,
Midnapore, Manoj Rai and was remanded to judicial custody for
another seven days at the Midnapore Central Correctional Home.
The former minister, who was earlier remanded to judicial
custody on August 20 for 10 days after CID custody, did not
pray for bail.
He was taken into CID custody after his arrest on August
11 when his prayer for extension of anticipatory bail was
rejected. It was extended by another four days on August 17.
Ghosh, in a brief appearance before reporters, said he
had been falsely accused and that the truth would prevail.
The MLA was arrested after the DNA of two missing
Trinamool Congress supporters Ajoy Acharya and Swapan Singh,
who were among seven allegedly abducted from Piyasala village
on September 22, matched two of the seven skeletons dug up
from a pit near Ghosh`s ancestral house at Benachapra on June
On August 23, a fresh FIR was lodged against Ghosh and
former party MP Lakshman Seth and 66 others at the Baratola
police station at Khejuri in East Midnapore district, by the
wife of a Trinamool Congress supporter who has been missing
for the past 10 years.
Anima Das filed the FIR claiming that a skeleton found
during earthwork for the Bajkul Jaleswar Primary School on
August 22, was that of her missing husband Subrata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal