WB teenager who fell into well brought out dead
Kolkata: A teenage boy who fell into an open 30-feet-deep well in West Bengal`s Howrah district Sunday noon was brought out dead early Monday following ten-and-a-half hour rescue efforts, officials said.
He fell into the well around the same time when Mahi, the little girl in Haryana`s Manesar town, was brought out dead from a 70-feet deep tubewell after about 90 hours.
The 17-year-old Roshan`s lifeless body was pulled out from the well in Liluah town`s Eksara area by local divers around 2.30 am on Monday.
He had slipped and fallen into the well around 4 pm on Sunday while trying to draw water, a witness said.
Personnel of the Disaster Management Group, fire brigade and police made frantic efforts to rescue Roshan, but all efforts proved futile as they couldn`t save him.
The Disaster Management Group men, who reached the spot with gas masks around 9 pm, could not enter the well which had lot of toxic gases.
Around 9 pm a diver went into the well but came out unsuccessful. Later around 2.30 am two local individuals, adept at entering wells, went in with the help of ropes after the body`s position was located with cameras.
They finally managed to pull out the body with the help of ropes tied around Roshan`s body. The body has been sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- DNA: Odisha gets its first 100% solar-powered village
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'