WB teenager who fell into well brought out dead
Kolkata: A teenage boy who fell into an open 30-feet-deep well in West Bengal`s Howrah district Sunday noon was brought out dead early Monday following ten-and-a-half hour rescue efforts, officials said.
He fell into the well around the same time when Mahi, the little girl in Haryana`s Manesar town, was brought out dead from a 70-feet deep tubewell after about 90 hours.
The 17-year-old Roshan`s lifeless body was pulled out from the well in Liluah town`s Eksara area by local divers around 2.30 am on Monday.
He had slipped and fallen into the well around 4 pm on Sunday while trying to draw water, a witness said.
Personnel of the Disaster Management Group, fire brigade and police made frantic efforts to rescue Roshan, but all efforts proved futile as they couldn`t save him.
The Disaster Management Group men, who reached the spot with gas masks around 9 pm, could not enter the well which had lot of toxic gases.
Around 9 pm a diver went into the well but came out unsuccessful. Later around 2.30 am two local individuals, adept at entering wells, went in with the help of ropes after the body`s position was located with cameras.
They finally managed to pull out the body with the help of ropes tied around Roshan`s body. The body has been sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'