WB teenager who fell into well brought out dead
Kolkata: A teenage boy who fell into an open 30-feet-deep well in West Bengal`s Howrah district Sunday noon was brought out dead early Monday following ten-and-a-half hour rescue efforts, officials said.
He fell into the well around the same time when Mahi, the little girl in Haryana`s Manesar town, was brought out dead from a 70-feet deep tubewell after about 90 hours.
The 17-year-old Roshan`s lifeless body was pulled out from the well in Liluah town`s Eksara area by local divers around 2.30 am on Monday.
He had slipped and fallen into the well around 4 pm on Sunday while trying to draw water, a witness said.
Personnel of the Disaster Management Group, fire brigade and police made frantic efforts to rescue Roshan, but all efforts proved futile as they couldn`t save him.
The Disaster Management Group men, who reached the spot with gas masks around 9 pm, could not enter the well which had lot of toxic gases.
Around 9 pm a diver went into the well but came out unsuccessful. Later around 2.30 am two local individuals, adept at entering wells, went in with the help of ropes after the body`s position was located with cameras.
They finally managed to pull out the body with the help of ropes tied around Roshan`s body. The body has been sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?