WB to extend Rs 1,000 cr interest-free loan to Bengal
Kolkata: The World Bank would extend an
interest-free loan of Rs 1,000 crore to the West Bengal
government for the development of the state`s panchayat areas.
A memorandum of understanding in this regard was today
signed by the World Bank and the West Bengal government`s
Panchayat and Rural Development department.
The panchayat and rural development minister of the
state, Anisur Rahman, who was present during the signing of
the MoU, said, "The money will be utilised in 1000 gram
panchyats of the state and 80 per cent of the money will be
used for the development of panchayat areas."
The remaining 20 per cent of the money will be utilised
on training, infrastructural development and income generation
schemes, Rahman said.
The country director for India of the World Bank, Roberto
Zagha, and the officials of the West Bengal Government
Panchayat and Rural Development department were present on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?