WB to extend Rs 1,000 cr interest-free loan to Bengal
Kolkata: The World Bank would extend an
interest-free loan of Rs 1,000 crore to the West Bengal
government for the development of the state`s panchayat areas.
A memorandum of understanding in this regard was today
signed by the World Bank and the West Bengal government`s
Panchayat and Rural Development department.
The panchayat and rural development minister of the
state, Anisur Rahman, who was present during the signing of
the MoU, said, "The money will be utilised in 1000 gram
panchyats of the state and 80 per cent of the money will be
used for the development of panchayat areas."
The remaining 20 per cent of the money will be utilised
on training, infrastructural development and income generation
schemes, Rahman said.
The country director for India of the World Bank, Roberto
Zagha, and the officials of the West Bengal Government
Panchayat and Rural Development department were present on the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed