WB: Train derails after applying emergency brake
Behrampore (WB): The engine and a bogie of a Burdwan-bound DMU train derailed when the driver applied emergency brake after sighting a local train approaching from the opposite direction down the same tracks near Gadaipur station in Murshidabad district early today.
Railway sources said the Azimganj-Burdwan train was slowing down while approaching Gadaipur station, 60 km from here, at about 4.30 am when the driver applied the emergency brake.
The sources said that efforts were on to put the rakes back on track. There was no casualty.
As a result of the derailment, movement of trains on the Azimganj-Rampurhat section of the Howrah division was disrupted, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani