WB: Train derails after applying emergency brake
Behrampore (WB): The engine and a bogie of a Burdwan-bound DMU train derailed when the driver applied emergency brake after sighting a local train approaching from the opposite direction down the same tracks near Gadaipur station in Murshidabad district early today.
Railway sources said the Azimganj-Burdwan train was slowing down while approaching Gadaipur station, 60 km from here, at about 4.30 am when the driver applied the emergency brake.
The sources said that efforts were on to put the rakes back on track. There was no casualty.
As a result of the derailment, movement of trains on the Azimganj-Rampurhat section of the Howrah division was disrupted, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing