WB: Train derails after applying emergency brake
Behrampore (WB): The engine and a bogie of a Burdwan-bound DMU train derailed when the driver applied emergency brake after sighting a local train approaching from the opposite direction down the same tracks near Gadaipur station in Murshidabad district early today.
Railway sources said the Azimganj-Burdwan train was slowing down while approaching Gadaipur station, 60 km from here, at about 4.30 am when the driver applied the emergency brake.
The sources said that efforts were on to put the rakes back on track. There was no casualty.
As a result of the derailment, movement of trains on the Azimganj-Rampurhat section of the Howrah division was disrupted, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak