WB train mishap: At least 10 persons being questioned
Kolkata: At least ten persons are being
questioned in connection with the Jnaneswari Express disaster
that claimed 148 lives, police said on Tuesday.
"They are being questioned. I cannot share their names
with you," Director General of Police Bhupinder Singh said.
Asked about those responsible for the disaster, the DGP
said "most of these persons are from Jangalmahal (Maoist-hit
areas of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia districts), a few
may be from Chhattisgarh, while some are absconding."
The West Bengal government has held Maoists responsible
for the tragedy.
The police have also identified some of those involved in
the May 21 killing of All India Gorkha League president Madan
Tamang in Darjeeling, the DGP said.
"Some persons have been identified, but they are not
known office bearers of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha," he said.
Four to five persons have been interrogated in the case
to ascertain their involvement and for conspiracy, the DGP
To a question, Chief Secretary Ardhendu Sen said the
state government was yet to receive any report from the CID on
Video footage has been collected from a foreign tourist
who filmed the killing and has been sent to forensic experts,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in