WB train mishap: At least 10 persons being questioned
Kolkata: At least ten persons are being
questioned in connection with the Jnaneswari Express disaster
that claimed 148 lives, police said on Tuesday.
"They are being questioned. I cannot share their names
with you," Director General of Police Bhupinder Singh said.
Asked about those responsible for the disaster, the DGP
said "most of these persons are from Jangalmahal (Maoist-hit
areas of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia districts), a few
may be from Chhattisgarh, while some are absconding."
The West Bengal government has held Maoists responsible
for the tragedy.
The police have also identified some of those involved in
the May 21 killing of All India Gorkha League president Madan
Tamang in Darjeeling, the DGP said.
"Some persons have been identified, but they are not
known office bearers of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha," he said.
Four to five persons have been interrogated in the case
to ascertain their involvement and for conspiracy, the DGP
To a question, Chief Secretary Ardhendu Sen said the
state government was yet to receive any report from the CID on
Video footage has been collected from a foreign tourist
who filmed the killing and has been sent to forensic experts,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical