WB train mishap: At least 10 persons being questioned
Kolkata: At least ten persons are being
questioned in connection with the Jnaneswari Express disaster
that claimed 148 lives, police said on Tuesday.
"They are being questioned. I cannot share their names
with you," Director General of Police Bhupinder Singh said.
Asked about those responsible for the disaster, the DGP
said "most of these persons are from Jangalmahal (Maoist-hit
areas of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia districts), a few
may be from Chhattisgarh, while some are absconding."
The West Bengal government has held Maoists responsible
for the tragedy.
The police have also identified some of those involved in
the May 21 killing of All India Gorkha League president Madan
Tamang in Darjeeling, the DGP said.
"Some persons have been identified, but they are not
known office bearers of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha," he said.
Four to five persons have been interrogated in the case
to ascertain their involvement and for conspiracy, the DGP
To a question, Chief Secretary Ardhendu Sen said the
state government was yet to receive any report from the CID on
Video footage has been collected from a foreign tourist
who filmed the killing and has been sent to forensic experts,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says