WB: Two arrested for selling fake ration card
Balurghat: With West Bengal government intensifying its drive against fake ration cards, the police arrested two persons in connection with it from Kushmandi in the border district of South Dinajpur Thursday.
District food department in-charge B Halder said
complaints of fake ration cards were being received by his
office for quite sometime.
The arrest would be able to bust the entire gang, he
Police said the two hailed from Kushmandi block and sold
the fake ration cards for Rs 3000 apiece.
The two men were produced at a local court, which
remanded them to police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!