WB: Two arrested for selling fake ration card
Balurghat: With West Bengal government intensifying its drive against fake ration cards, the police arrested two persons in connection with it from Kushmandi in the border district of South Dinajpur Thursday.
District food department in-charge B Halder said
complaints of fake ration cards were being received by his
office for quite sometime.
The arrest would be able to bust the entire gang, he
Police said the two hailed from Kushmandi block and sold
the fake ration cards for Rs 3000 apiece.
The two men were produced at a local court, which
remanded them to police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt