WB: Two arrested for selling fake ration card
Balurghat: With West Bengal government intensifying its drive against fake ration cards, the police arrested two persons in connection with it from Kushmandi in the border district of South Dinajpur Thursday.
District food department in-charge B Halder said
complaints of fake ration cards were being received by his
office for quite sometime.
The arrest would be able to bust the entire gang, he
Police said the two hailed from Kushmandi block and sold
the fake ration cards for Rs 3000 apiece.
The two men were produced at a local court, which
remanded them to police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'