WB: Uproar over Mamata`s hospital visits
Kolkata: The West Bengal Assembly Friday
witnessed heated exchanges among members when CPI(M) leader Anisur Rahman made a reference to Mamata Banerjee`s surprise visits to hospitals soon after becoming chief minister last
year and said the visits had caused "inconvenience" to
patients and others.
Rahman said the chief minister visited the hospitals with
journalists and partymen in tow in May last year, which
inconvenienced patients and others.
Rahman was speaking on the West Bengal Medical Council
(Temporary Supersession)(Amendment)Ordinance 2012.
Rahman`s statement angered members of the treasury benches as well as the chief minister who wanted to make a statement in the House.
Banerjee said she was quite unhappy with the conduct
of a section of the media personnel who followed her on such
She said she wanted to make surprise visits so that no
one had prior information. But, some people somehow got the
whiff of her movement and followed her, causing enormous inconvenience to patients and others.
She said she was very offended and disturbed about
Banerjee then appealed to members of both the treasury
and the Opposition benches to allow peaceful conduct of
proceedings in the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP