WB: Uproar over Mamata`s hospital visits
Kolkata: The West Bengal Assembly Friday
witnessed heated exchanges among members when CPI(M) leader Anisur Rahman made a reference to Mamata Banerjee`s surprise visits to hospitals soon after becoming chief minister last
year and said the visits had caused "inconvenience" to
patients and others.
Rahman said the chief minister visited the hospitals with
journalists and partymen in tow in May last year, which
inconvenienced patients and others.
Rahman was speaking on the West Bengal Medical Council
(Temporary Supersession)(Amendment)Ordinance 2012.
Rahman`s statement angered members of the treasury benches as well as the chief minister who wanted to make a statement in the House.
Banerjee said she was quite unhappy with the conduct
of a section of the media personnel who followed her on such
She said she wanted to make surprise visits so that no
one had prior information. But, some people somehow got the
whiff of her movement and followed her, causing enormous inconvenience to patients and others.
She said she was very offended and disturbed about
Banerjee then appealed to members of both the treasury
and the Opposition benches to allow peaceful conduct of
proceedings in the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly