WB: Uproar over Mamata`s hospital visits
Kolkata: The West Bengal Assembly Friday
witnessed heated exchanges among members when CPI(M) leader Anisur Rahman made a reference to Mamata Banerjee`s surprise visits to hospitals soon after becoming chief minister last
year and said the visits had caused "inconvenience" to
patients and others.
Rahman said the chief minister visited the hospitals with
journalists and partymen in tow in May last year, which
inconvenienced patients and others.
Rahman was speaking on the West Bengal Medical Council
(Temporary Supersession)(Amendment)Ordinance 2012.
Rahman`s statement angered members of the treasury benches as well as the chief minister who wanted to make a statement in the House.
Banerjee said she was quite unhappy with the conduct
of a section of the media personnel who followed her on such
She said she wanted to make surprise visits so that no
one had prior information. But, some people somehow got the
whiff of her movement and followed her, causing enormous inconvenience to patients and others.
She said she was very offended and disturbed about
Banerjee then appealed to members of both the treasury
and the Opposition benches to allow peaceful conduct of
proceedings in the Assembly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'