WB: Villagers block railway tracks after accident
Midnapore: Angry villagers on Saturday blocked Howrah-Chennai main railway line demanding guards at an unmanned level crossing following the death of two persons by a speeding train at Narayangarh in West Midnapore district.
Railway sources said a man and his daughter were killed on the spot and his wife was seriously injured when they were hit by New Jalpaiguri-Chennai Superfast Express at about 1.30 pm at Bagrabad village.
The injured woman was admitted to Kharagpur State General Hospital.
Angry villagers blocked the railway tracks at Bagrabad demanding the posting of a guard at the unmanned level crossing.
Several long distance and express trains like Howrah-Puri Duranta Express were stranded as a result of the blockade, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued