WB: Villagers block railway tracks after accident
Midnapore: Angry villagers on Saturday blocked Howrah-Chennai main railway line demanding guards at an unmanned level crossing following the death of two persons by a speeding train at Narayangarh in West Midnapore district.
Railway sources said a man and his daughter were killed on the spot and his wife was seriously injured when they were hit by New Jalpaiguri-Chennai Superfast Express at about 1.30 pm at Bagrabad village.
The injured woman was admitted to Kharagpur State General Hospital.
Angry villagers blocked the railway tracks at Bagrabad demanding the posting of a guard at the unmanned level crossing.
Several long distance and express trains like Howrah-Puri Duranta Express were stranded as a result of the blockade, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender