WB: Villagers block railway tracks after accident
Midnapore: Angry villagers on Saturday blocked Howrah-Chennai main railway line demanding guards at an unmanned level crossing following the death of two persons by a speeding train at Narayangarh in West Midnapore district.
Railway sources said a man and his daughter were killed on the spot and his wife was seriously injured when they were hit by New Jalpaiguri-Chennai Superfast Express at about 1.30 pm at Bagrabad village.
The injured woman was admitted to Kharagpur State General Hospital.
Angry villagers blocked the railway tracks at Bagrabad demanding the posting of a guard at the unmanned level crossing.
Several long distance and express trains like Howrah-Puri Duranta Express were stranded as a result of the blockade, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read