WB: Villagers block railway tracks after accident
Midnapore: Angry villagers on Saturday blocked Howrah-Chennai main railway line demanding guards at an unmanned level crossing following the death of two persons by a speeding train at Narayangarh in West Midnapore district.
Railway sources said a man and his daughter were killed on the spot and his wife was seriously injured when they were hit by New Jalpaiguri-Chennai Superfast Express at about 1.30 pm at Bagrabad village.
The injured woman was admitted to Kharagpur State General Hospital.
Angry villagers blocked the railway tracks at Bagrabad demanding the posting of a guard at the unmanned level crossing.
Several long distance and express trains like Howrah-Puri Duranta Express were stranded as a result of the blockade, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical