WB violence: Governor to discuss situation with Buddhadeb
Kolkata: Asking the West Bengal
government once again to act, West Bengal Governor MK
Narayanan, who has described the killings in Lalgarh as "a day
of sorrow and shame", on Saturday said he would discuss the
situation with Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
"Every killing is a stab in the heart and violence
cannot be supported," Narayanan told reporters on the
sidelines of a function at the Bengal Engineering and Science
University (BESU) at Shibpur in Howrah district.
"The time has come for action to tackle law and order
and all of us should work together. I will discuss the
situation with the chief minister," the Governor said.
Asked if he would send a report to the Centre,
Narayanan said the Union Home Minister was aware of the
In a strongly-worded statement yesterday he had said
that the government should act before reaching a point of no
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video