WB violence: Governor to discuss situation with Buddhadeb
Kolkata: Asking the West Bengal
government once again to act, West Bengal Governor MK
Narayanan, who has described the killings in Lalgarh as "a day
of sorrow and shame", on Saturday said he would discuss the
situation with Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
"Every killing is a stab in the heart and violence
cannot be supported," Narayanan told reporters on the
sidelines of a function at the Bengal Engineering and Science
University (BESU) at Shibpur in Howrah district.
"The time has come for action to tackle law and order
and all of us should work together. I will discuss the
situation with the chief minister," the Governor said.
Asked if he would send a report to the Centre,
Narayanan said the Union Home Minister was aware of the
In a strongly-worded statement yesterday he had said
that the government should act before reaching a point of no
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars