WB: Woman burnt to death for giving birth to girls
Baharampur: A young woman was burnt to death, apparently for giving birth to baby girls consecutively, at Khargram in Murshidabad district of West Bengal on Sunday.
Police said 25-year-old Rupali Bibi was set ablaze, allegedly by her in-laws and husband, on Sunday morning.
Her charred body was later recovered from the house. Bibi`s family later lodged a complaint with Khargram police station that she was killed for giving birth to two girls one after another in past and the in-laws had been plotting to eliminate her for quite some time.
The in-laws family was absconding but none of the accused will be spared, Superintendent of Police Humayun Kabir said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY