WB: Woman burnt to death for giving birth to girls
Baharampur: A young woman was burnt to death, apparently for giving birth to baby girls consecutively, at Khargram in Murshidabad district of West Bengal on Sunday.
Police said 25-year-old Rupali Bibi was set ablaze, allegedly by her in-laws and husband, on Sunday morning.
Her charred body was later recovered from the house. Bibi`s family later lodged a complaint with Khargram police station that she was killed for giving birth to two girls one after another in past and the in-laws had been plotting to eliminate her for quite some time.
The in-laws family was absconding but none of the accused will be spared, Superintendent of Police Humayun Kabir said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video