WB: Woman burnt to death for giving birth to girls
Baharampur: A young woman was burnt to death, apparently for giving birth to baby girls consecutively, at Khargram in Murshidabad district of West Bengal on Sunday.
Police said 25-year-old Rupali Bibi was set ablaze, allegedly by her in-laws and husband, on Sunday morning.
Her charred body was later recovered from the house. Bibi`s family later lodged a complaint with Khargram police station that she was killed for giving birth to two girls one after another in past and the in-laws had been plotting to eliminate her for quite some time.
The in-laws family was absconding but none of the accused will be spared, Superintendent of Police Humayun Kabir said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — Players to watch out for
- India Post payments bank will be functional by March 2017: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Six Assam Rifles personnel killed by militants in Manipur's Chandel district ambush
- Shocking! Huge fire engulfs two coaches of Jaisalmer-Delhi Intercity Express
- Huma Qureshi-Vidyut Jammwal's Gold Glare Selfie! See pic