WBHIDCO to e-auction Rajarhat plots
Kolkata: The West Bengal Housing Infrastructure Development Corp (WBHIDCO) is mulling introducing e-auction to sell plots at Rajarhat on the northeastern fringes of Kolkata, an official said Wednesday.
"In a step toward greater transparency, we are trying to introduce the e-auction system," WBHIDCO chairman and managing director Debashis Sen said here.
Bids will be invited for setting up restaurants, shops and other utility services. The department will use internal systems to carry out the auction.
Sen also said the state was planning to make land owners participants in the project to avoid the acquisition route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore