WBHIDCO to e-auction Rajarhat plots
Kolkata: The West Bengal Housing Infrastructure Development Corp (WBHIDCO) is mulling introducing e-auction to sell plots at Rajarhat on the northeastern fringes of Kolkata, an official said Wednesday.
"In a step toward greater transparency, we are trying to introduce the e-auction system," WBHIDCO chairman and managing director Debashis Sen said here.
Bids will be invited for setting up restaurants, shops and other utility services. The department will use internal systems to carry out the auction.
Sen also said the state was planning to make land owners participants in the project to avoid the acquisition route.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference