WB`s revenue earning has increased by Rs 10,000 cr
Kolkata: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday claimed that despite the dismal financial situation, the state`s revenue increased by Rs 10,000 crore and urged the Centre to `rethink` about the interest it was taking away from West Bengal.
Stating that interest payment for loans taken by the previous Left Front government had shot up from Rs 21,000 crore per annum to Rs 26,000 crore, she said, despite this the state`s revenue was Rs 10,000 crore more this year.
"We would like to request the central government to rethink about the way it has been taking away most of the state`s revenue without caring how the government will run in the state," Banerjee told a programme of Trinamool Congress employees` federation here.
"Sometimes my finance minister seems let down because of the severe financial strain over payment of salaries to employees in time," she said.
Meanwhile, four TMC-affiliated employee organisations today merged into one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply