WBSEC verifying CM`s barb at state poll panel
Kolkata: The State Election Commission on Tuesday said it has collected video recordings of verbal attacks by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and one of her ministers against the poll panel and was verifying it.
"We have received video recordings of their statements and are verifying if these are true as reported," SEC secretary Tapas Roy said.
Earlier, State Election Commissioner Mira Pandey had said the recording had been sought and a decision would be taken after reviewing it.
To a question if the Commission had taken note of the Chief Minister`s claim at Lalgarh yesterday that she would have removed the State Election Commissioner had her party enjoyed two-thirds majority in the state Assembly, Commission sources said, "We are verifying it."
Mamata Banerjee had also alleged that the SEC was taking unilateral decisions without consulting the state government on holding the Panchayat polls.
The Commission has taken note of state transport minister Madan Mitra`s anti-SEC comments at a rally in West Midnapore district on Sunday.
Mitra had said the SEC would have to `wear bangles and earrings and hide behind a veil` after the polls.
The Commission secretary said, complaints about violation of the poll panel`s order of a ban on taking out motorbike processions without special police permission, was also been received.
"We have taken cognisance of such complaints from Burdwan district and asked the administration to take appropriate action against violation of the Commission`s orders," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan