We don`t have faith in state police for Modi`s rally: BJP
Kolkata: The West Bengal BJP on Monday expressed concern over security arrangements made by the state and Kolkata Police for Narendra Modi`s rally in the city on February 5, saying it does not have faith in the police.
"We are cooperating with the state police, but we don`t have any faith in it. Today there was a meeting between state, Kolkata and Gujarat police officials at the airport. Airport officials and BJP leaders were also present," state BJP chief Rahul Sinha said at a press conference.
Sinha said more than 100 officials of Gujarat Police in separate teams had visited the state to oversee the security arrangements.
Meanwhile, senior officials of the Kolkata police today visited the Brigade Parade Ground, the venue of the rally.
Sinha scoffed at Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee`s call for "Delhi Chalo", saying she should stop day-dreaming about becoming PM and instead concentrate on work in her hand.
"Mamata Banerjee is day-dreaming about becoming the next PM. She should rather concentrate on her work as CM. Nobody till now has expressed support for the so-called Federal Front. And those parties that she is taking about, themselves have PM aspirants," said Sinha.
Sinha said the party`s state unit had given Modi four "talking points"--Declassification of Netaji Subhas Bose`s files, granting of citizenship to Bangladeshi refugees who are coming to India, chit fund scam and violence by TMC.
Meanwhile, several former bureaucrats and police officials today joined BJP.
Former DG R K Handa and B D Sharma as well as noted Bengali actor Nimu Bhowmick were among those who joined today.
Last week, IPS officer R K Mohanty, IAS officers R K Tripathy and S K Magon and former joint director of CBI Sujit Kumar Ghosh joined BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy