We don`t have faith in state police for Modi`s rally: BJP
Kolkata: The West Bengal BJP on Monday expressed concern over security arrangements made by the state and Kolkata Police for Narendra Modi`s rally in the city on February 5, saying it does not have faith in the police.
"We are cooperating with the state police, but we don`t have any faith in it. Today there was a meeting between state, Kolkata and Gujarat police officials at the airport. Airport officials and BJP leaders were also present," state BJP chief Rahul Sinha said at a press conference.
Sinha said more than 100 officials of Gujarat Police in separate teams had visited the state to oversee the security arrangements.
Meanwhile, senior officials of the Kolkata police today visited the Brigade Parade Ground, the venue of the rally.
Sinha scoffed at Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee`s call for "Delhi Chalo", saying she should stop day-dreaming about becoming PM and instead concentrate on work in her hand.
"Mamata Banerjee is day-dreaming about becoming the next PM. She should rather concentrate on her work as CM. Nobody till now has expressed support for the so-called Federal Front. And those parties that she is taking about, themselves have PM aspirants," said Sinha.
Sinha said the party`s state unit had given Modi four "talking points"--Declassification of Netaji Subhas Bose`s files, granting of citizenship to Bangladeshi refugees who are coming to India, chit fund scam and violence by TMC.
Meanwhile, several former bureaucrats and police officials today joined BJP.
Former DG R K Handa and B D Sharma as well as noted Bengali actor Nimu Bhowmick were among those who joined today.
Last week, IPS officer R K Mohanty, IAS officers R K Tripathy and S K Magon and former joint director of CBI Sujit Kumar Ghosh joined BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day