West Bengal: 160 fall sick after having 'prasad' in religious fair

About 160 people were hospitalised with symptoms of food poisoning after consuming 'khichdi' as prasad at a religious fair at Arambagh in Hooghly district.

Chinsurah: About 160 people were hospitalised with symptoms of food poisoning after consuming 'khichdi' as prasad at a religious fair at Arambagh in Hooghly district.

The devotees had consumed 'khichdi' as prasad at the 'Pir Mela' and started complaining of stomach ache and vomiting, Arambagh Municipality Chairman Swapan Nandy said.

He said the pulses used in the khichdi were suspected to be adulterated and sent for test.

The ailing persons are now out of danger, he said, adding they will be discharged soon.

A district health officer said a medical team has been sent to the area. 

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close