West Bengal: 17 post poll deaths
Kolkata: Political violence in West Bengal since the May assembly elections has left 17 activists
dead, the state government on Monday said.
Of those killed, eight belonged to CPI-M, six to
Trinamool Congress and three to Congress, Industry Minister
Partha Chatterjee told the Assembly today.
The police have also been asked to work in an
impartial and transparent manner to instill a sense of
security among the people, he said.
Chatterjee was replying to a supplementary question
from Trinamool member Kallol Khan, to a calling attention
motion in the House.
Earlier, reading out a statement of Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee in reply to a calling attention motion by
CPI-M`s Upen Kisku, Chatterjee said CPI-M leaders Ajit Lohar
and Samir Nag were attacked by miscreants on May 5 while they
were returning home at Taldangra in Bankura district.
In another statement of Banerjee in reply to a calling
attention by Khan and Samir Poddar, Chatterjee said the
bullet-riddled body of Moinuddin Molla, Trinamool Congress
youth leader of South 24-Parganas Bhogali-2 gram panchayat, was found on the Muraridanga ground under Barasat police station on June 12.
Noting that Molla was a supplier of building material
and was involved in buying and selling of land, the statement
said a case of murder has been registered at the Deganga
police station on the basis of a complaint by the victim`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert