West Bengal: 4 more babies die in Malda Hospital
Kolkata: Four more babies have died in Malda Sadar Hospital here taking the crib death toll in the hospital to 22 in the last few days.
West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan on Monday told mediapersons that the state government was deeply concerned about the deaths and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was personally looking into the issue.
Last week the hospital sources said a decision has been taken to increase the number of beds in the sick new born care unit to 22 from 15 at present.
They also said a decision has also been taken to increase the number of beds in the sick new born neo natal care unit and also increase the number of child specialists in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred