West Bengal: 4 more babies die in Malda Hospital
Kolkata: Four more babies have died in Malda Sadar Hospital here taking the crib death toll in the hospital to 22 in the last few days.
West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan on Monday told mediapersons that the state government was deeply concerned about the deaths and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was personally looking into the issue.
Last week the hospital sources said a decision has been taken to increase the number of beds in the sick new born care unit to 22 from 15 at present.
They also said a decision has also been taken to increase the number of beds in the sick new born neo natal care unit and also increase the number of child specialists in the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray