West Bengal: 4 more babies die in Malda Hospital
Kolkata: Four more babies have died in Malda Sadar Hospital here taking the crib death toll in the hospital to 22 in the last few days.
West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan on Monday told mediapersons that the state government was deeply concerned about the deaths and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was personally looking into the issue.
Last week the hospital sources said a decision has been taken to increase the number of beds in the sick new born care unit to 22 from 15 at present.
They also said a decision has also been taken to increase the number of beds in the sick new born neo natal care unit and also increase the number of child specialists in the hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview