West Bengal: 49 illegal guns seized
Medinipur: A total of 49 illegal firearms were recovered from the house of a CPI-M leader and a place near the riverbank at West Midnapore district, police said.
According to police, 15 illegal rifles were seized
from an well of the local CPI-M leader Nandulal Pal at
Manidaha village in the district headquarters town here.
Police also recovered illegal guns from the char
of the Kansabati river.
Acting on a tip-off, the police dug out 29 illegal
rifles buried in the sand of the char of the river, the police
In a similar seizure of illegal arms, five guns were
found hidden below a culvert at Bhatmore village in Salbani of
In a separate incident, a CPI-M cadre was killed last
night at Garbeta in a clash between CPI-M cadre and Trinamool
The police said Lakshmikanta Sarkar, a CPI-M cadre,
was killed at Nakrasole village of Garbeta in the clash. Four
others were injured in a clash between CPI-M and TC supporters
at Panskura in nearby East Midnapore district.
Meanwhile, a local court in Midnapore town on Friday
issued arrest warrant in the names of three accused - Jaydeb
Mahato, Sanjay Bhakta and Bachan Manna - in connection with
Jnaneswari Express train disaster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3