West Bengal: 49 illegal guns seized
Medinipur: A total of 49 illegal firearms were recovered from the house of a CPI-M leader and a place near the riverbank at West Midnapore district, police said.
According to police, 15 illegal rifles were seized
from an well of the local CPI-M leader Nandulal Pal at
Manidaha village in the district headquarters town here.
Police also recovered illegal guns from the char
of the Kansabati river.
Acting on a tip-off, the police dug out 29 illegal
rifles buried in the sand of the char of the river, the police
In a similar seizure of illegal arms, five guns were
found hidden below a culvert at Bhatmore village in Salbani of
In a separate incident, a CPI-M cadre was killed last
night at Garbeta in a clash between CPI-M cadre and Trinamool
The police said Lakshmikanta Sarkar, a CPI-M cadre,
was killed at Nakrasole village of Garbeta in the clash. Four
others were injured in a clash between CPI-M and TC supporters
at Panskura in nearby East Midnapore district.
Meanwhile, a local court in Midnapore town on Friday
issued arrest warrant in the names of three accused - Jaydeb
Mahato, Sanjay Bhakta and Bachan Manna - in connection with
Jnaneswari Express train disaster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday