West Bengal: 5 babies die in Burdwan district
Kolkata: In the latest instance of crib deaths in West Bengal, five babies have died at Burdwan district in the last twenty four hours, reports said on Sunday.
However the exact reason for the unfortunate deaths is yet to be known.
Between Oct 25 and 28, 16 babies died at the BC Roy Children`s Hospital - the only children`s referral hospital in Kolkata. The Burdwan Medical College and Hospital reported 12 infant deaths Oct 27-28. Six babies died in a Malda district hospital since Wednesday.
Earlier in June, 18 babies had died at the B.C. Roy Children`s Hospital.
Under fire for the series of crib deaths in government hospitals, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had blamed previous Left Front regimes for the scenario as they had neglected the healthcare sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan