West Bengal assembly adjourned after obituary references
Kolkata: West Bengal Assembly was today adjourned for the day after obituary references were made in the House paying respect to five eminent persons, including the legendary actress Suchitra Sen, who died recently.
Making obituary references in the House, Speaker Biman Banerjee read out their lives and contribution, while the members observed silence for two minutes as a mark of respect to the deceased.
Besides Suchitra Sen, others included legendary Bhajan singer Juthika Roy, former West Bengal Minister Sailen Sarkar and former MLAs in the House Ashoke Chaudhuri and Parul Saha.
The budget session of the assembly began yesterday with the address of Governor M K Narayanan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB