West Bengal assembly adjourned after obituary references
Kolkata: West Bengal Assembly was today adjourned for the day after obituary references were made in the House paying respect to five eminent persons, including the legendary actress Suchitra Sen, who died recently.
Making obituary references in the House, Speaker Biman Banerjee read out their lives and contribution, while the members observed silence for two minutes as a mark of respect to the deceased.
Besides Suchitra Sen, others included legendary Bhajan singer Juthika Roy, former West Bengal Minister Sailen Sarkar and former MLAs in the House Ashoke Chaudhuri and Parul Saha.
The budget session of the assembly began yesterday with the address of Governor M K Narayanan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location