West Bengal BSE matric supplementary exam from June 10
Cuttack: The State Board of Secondary Education (BSE) here on Friday announced that the Matriculation (supplementary) examination 2013 will begin from June 10.
Those students who either failed or could not appear the annual High School Certificate (HSC) examinations held in February-March this year can sit for the Supplementary examination.
The BSE also announced that the second Odisha Teachers` Eligibility Test (OTET) would be held on June 9, just a day before the beginning of the supplementary examinations. This time the OTET would be of two-and-half-an-hour duration instead of one-and-half-an-hour duration as was held in the first Test held in December last year, BSE sources said.
Announcing the Matriculation Supplementary examination schedule, BSE president DP Nanda informed that students wishing to sit for the examinations shall have to fill-up their application forms in their respective schools on May 15 or 16 by paying the requisite examination fees.
By paying a late fee, the students could also fill-up their forms on May 17 or 18.
Looking at the ongoing extreme climate, the examinations will be held only in morning shift between 7.30 am and 10.30 am. Both regular and ex-regular students would appear the exams in the morning shift because of the scorching summer, Nanda said.
Although, the BSE had earlier planned to begin the Supplementary examination by the end of May, the preparations for the same could not begin on time as the Board remained busy attending to the numerous complaints made by the students whose annual High School Certificate (HSC) exam results were announced on April 30.
"However, we shall take all measures to publish the Supplementary exam results soon so as that the successful students can take admission in the colleges in July itself without losing a vital year," Nanda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender