West Bengal BSE matric supplementary exam from June 10
Cuttack: The State Board of Secondary Education (BSE) here on Friday announced that the Matriculation (supplementary) examination 2013 will begin from June 10.
Those students who either failed or could not appear the annual High School Certificate (HSC) examinations held in February-March this year can sit for the Supplementary examination.
The BSE also announced that the second Odisha Teachers` Eligibility Test (OTET) would be held on June 9, just a day before the beginning of the supplementary examinations. This time the OTET would be of two-and-half-an-hour duration instead of one-and-half-an-hour duration as was held in the first Test held in December last year, BSE sources said.
Announcing the Matriculation Supplementary examination schedule, BSE president DP Nanda informed that students wishing to sit for the examinations shall have to fill-up their application forms in their respective schools on May 15 or 16 by paying the requisite examination fees.
By paying a late fee, the students could also fill-up their forms on May 17 or 18.
Looking at the ongoing extreme climate, the examinations will be held only in morning shift between 7.30 am and 10.30 am. Both regular and ex-regular students would appear the exams in the morning shift because of the scorching summer, Nanda said.
Although, the BSE had earlier planned to begin the Supplementary examination by the end of May, the preparations for the same could not begin on time as the Board remained busy attending to the numerous complaints made by the students whose annual High School Certificate (HSC) exam results were announced on April 30.
"However, we shall take all measures to publish the Supplementary exam results soon so as that the successful students can take admission in the colleges in July itself without losing a vital year," Nanda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'