West Bengal: BSF jawan goes missing
Malda (WB): A BSF jawan went missing on the Indo-Bangla border at Kaliachak in Malda district on Sunday, police sources said.
Jawan S Venkatesh, deployed at the border outpost, did not report for duty today triggering apprehensions that he had been abducted by cattle smugglers, they said.
The BSF authorities then intimated local police about it.
The border guard authorities here have contacted their counterparts in Bangladesh for tracing him.
The jawans are in constant conflict with cattle smugglers along the stretch especially before Eid festival every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj