West Bengal: BSF jawan goes missing
Malda (WB): A BSF jawan went missing on the Indo-Bangla border at Kaliachak in Malda district on Sunday, police sources said.
Jawan S Venkatesh, deployed at the border outpost, did not report for duty today triggering apprehensions that he had been abducted by cattle smugglers, they said.
The BSF authorities then intimated local police about it.
The border guard authorities here have contacted their counterparts in Bangladesh for tracing him.
The jawans are in constant conflict with cattle smugglers along the stretch especially before Eid festival every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city