West Bengal: BSF jawan goes missing
Malda (WB): A BSF jawan went missing on the Indo-Bangla border at Kaliachak in Malda district on Sunday, police sources said.
Jawan S Venkatesh, deployed at the border outpost, did not report for duty today triggering apprehensions that he had been abducted by cattle smugglers, they said.
The BSF authorities then intimated local police about it.
The border guard authorities here have contacted their counterparts in Bangladesh for tracing him.
The jawans are in constant conflict with cattle smugglers along the stretch especially before Eid festival every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?