West Bengal: BSF jawan goes missing
Malda (WB): A BSF jawan went missing on the Indo-Bangla border at Kaliachak in Malda district on Sunday, police sources said.
Jawan S Venkatesh, deployed at the border outpost, did not report for duty today triggering apprehensions that he had been abducted by cattle smugglers, they said.
The BSF authorities then intimated local police about it.
The border guard authorities here have contacted their counterparts in Bangladesh for tracing him.
The jawans are in constant conflict with cattle smugglers along the stretch especially before Eid festival every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren