West Bengal: BSF jawan goes missing
Malda (WB): A BSF jawan went missing on the Indo-Bangla border at Kaliachak in Malda district on Sunday, police sources said.
Jawan S Venkatesh, deployed at the border outpost, did not report for duty today triggering apprehensions that he had been abducted by cattle smugglers, they said.
The BSF authorities then intimated local police about it.
The border guard authorities here have contacted their counterparts in Bangladesh for tracing him.
The jawans are in constant conflict with cattle smugglers along the stretch especially before Eid festival every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees