West Bengal CM accuses Congress of `misrule`
Kolkata: Attacking the Centre, West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Friday said "misrule" of the Congress had divided the country between rich and poor.
"After Independence, Congress was at the helm of power for most of the years. Few years were taken away by BJP. It has divided India between the very rich and poor," Bhattacharjee said at a women`s rally here.
Stating that both Prime Minister and Finance Minister were harping on India`s progress in terms of GDP growth he asked, "What kind of a growth is this? It is making the rich become richer and poor poorer. People are losing jobs." Accusing the Central government of being "useless", Bhattacharjee said the foodgrains were being allowed to rot in godowns.
"We had asked the Centre to release those foodgrains to the poor through the PDS... even the Supreme Court had said so," he said, adding that on the top of this the prices of
foodgrains were increasing.
He said the state government had decided to provide rice, sugar, pulses and edible oil to the poor through the PDS. Bhattacharjee said while the Centre was helping the
industrialists it was not giving any subsidy to the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy