West Bengal CM launches first roadshow
Kolkata: Keeping pace with the high-pitch
campaign by main opposition Trinamool Congress, Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Saturday organised his first roadshow
from his Jadavpur constituency and said the ruling Left Front
would return to power for the eighth term.
"I am overwhelmed at the large turnout at my roadshow and
I am certain that nobody can prevent us from returning to
power in the state," Bhattacharjee told reporters from an open
Thousands of CPI(M) and other LF constituent workers took
part in the `Padayatra` which started from the gate of the
Jadavpur University and terminated at Kamalgazi in South 24
Parganas district covering a distance of eight km.
The chief minister was accompanied by three other CPI(M)
candidates from Kasba, Tollygunge and Sonarpur (North) seats.
"I actually wanted this kind of response to my roadshow
and this indicates that people have been turning towards us
and they have hit the streets as they are politically
conscious," he said.
Bhattacharjee, who gave autographs, received bouquets,
shook hands with voters and waved at the crowd, denied reports
that he had been "forced" to remain confined to his own
"I`ll go around everywhere. I am happy that people of all
ages have responded to our roadshow," he said.
People lined up both sides of the roads as processionists
holding placards and party flags marched to Kamalgazi with
women and young cadres at the front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog