West Bengal: Complainant guns down accused in court
Hooghly (WB): An accused was shot dead in
court premises allegedly by the plaintiff in Hooghly district
before hearing of a case in which the former was charged with
taking away the latter`s wife.
Superintendent of Police Tanmoy Roychowdhury said
Arshad Sheikh allegedly shot Somnath Koley (32) in the
premises of Chandarnagar additional chief judicial
magistrate`s court at about 11 am.
Both had come to the court in connection with with the
hearing of a three-year-old case in which Arshad had accused
Koley, a resident of Baidyabati in the same district, of
taking away his wife.
Koley was taken to the Chandarnagar Subdivisioanl
Hospital where he was declared brought dead.
The SP said the police arrested Arshad from a toilet
in the court where he had hidden after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list