West Bengal: Complainant guns down accused in court
Hooghly (WB): An accused was shot dead in
court premises allegedly by the plaintiff in Hooghly district
before hearing of a case in which the former was charged with
taking away the latter`s wife.
Superintendent of Police Tanmoy Roychowdhury said
Arshad Sheikh allegedly shot Somnath Koley (32) in the
premises of Chandarnagar additional chief judicial
magistrate`s court at about 11 am.
Both had come to the court in connection with with the
hearing of a three-year-old case in which Arshad had accused
Koley, a resident of Baidyabati in the same district, of
taking away his wife.
Koley was taken to the Chandarnagar Subdivisioanl
Hospital where he was declared brought dead.
The SP said the police arrested Arshad from a toilet
in the court where he had hidden after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview