West Bengal: Complainant guns down accused in court
Hooghly (WB): An accused was shot dead in
court premises allegedly by the plaintiff in Hooghly district
before hearing of a case in which the former was charged with
taking away the latter`s wife.
Superintendent of Police Tanmoy Roychowdhury said
Arshad Sheikh allegedly shot Somnath Koley (32) in the
premises of Chandarnagar additional chief judicial
magistrate`s court at about 11 am.
Both had come to the court in connection with with the
hearing of a three-year-old case in which Arshad had accused
Koley, a resident of Baidyabati in the same district, of
taking away his wife.
Koley was taken to the Chandarnagar Subdivisioanl
Hospital where he was declared brought dead.
The SP said the police arrested Arshad from a toilet
in the court where he had hidden after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?