West Bengal: Complainant guns down accused in court
Hooghly (WB): An accused was shot dead in
court premises allegedly by the plaintiff in Hooghly district
before hearing of a case in which the former was charged with
taking away the latter`s wife.
Superintendent of Police Tanmoy Roychowdhury said
Arshad Sheikh allegedly shot Somnath Koley (32) in the
premises of Chandarnagar additional chief judicial
magistrate`s court at about 11 am.
Both had come to the court in connection with with the
hearing of a three-year-old case in which Arshad had accused
Koley, a resident of Baidyabati in the same district, of
taking away his wife.
Koley was taken to the Chandarnagar Subdivisioanl
Hospital where he was declared brought dead.
The SP said the police arrested Arshad from a toilet
in the court where he had hidden after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'